Home | Things to consider and read
- You need to check your insurance for covering in Gambia in case something happens.
- Is your photographing equipment insured on this trip? (Is it world wide or European)
- Be aware of any injections you might need to go to Gambia, contact your doctor for details in time.
- Make sure your passport is valid on the date of traveling and during your stay in Gambia.
Be aware: It needs to be a passport and cannot just be an ID card.
- As we travel all the time from place to place it is advised to keep your equipment light and to a minimum. Try to get clothes in one case/bag and all photographic gear in another.
- Be aware that the flight is not included in the costs so you need to check that yourself. Booking early good save money. Try to measure the total weight of the cases and if you carrying a lot of weight you need to pay extra for the weight. It various per travelling agency but they all use this method. We advise to use TUI (formal Arke) to fly. If possible get in touch with team leader to try to arrive in the same plane, which makes it fun to travel together and easy to pickup from the airport for the guides.
- We travel with jeeps and 4 x 4 and sometimes over some rough paths and terrain. Please be aware if you have back issues or are pregnant of a baby it’s not advised to come on the trip. In any case it’s on your own risk and the travel organisation cannot be hold responsible in any way or form for injuries coming from or during this trip.
- We will take the biggest care for everyone’s health and safety, as we will also discuss the safety rules before leaving the hotel. There is still the responsibility of the participants themselves not to do unsafe manoeuvres or not listen to the guides and or organisation when asked for. Please act safe at all time as big groups can be difficult to watch over everyone at the same time.
- Keep your money and passport in a wallet around your neck on your chest and under your sweater. Please try to avoid keeping it in the back pocket of your jeans or trousers as you might lose them on the way.